Rule of Thirds

The rule of thirds is a 3x3 grid laid on image, in order to make images more appealing. The over lap to make four focal points on the image to lay interesting objects. The grid is used to bring specific and appealing objects to the eyes, instead of having objects right in the center, if you use the rule of thirds, to put the objects to the side, you get a more statisfying  look to your image.
For this first image, I was walking with Tony and we had run out of ideas on what to take picture of, so we decided to sit down, and when he sat down I asked him to look over to the camera and smile and I took this portrait of him.



This second image was taken at my school down by the track, the flower really stands out due to it being the only subject in this image, but also because it is a bright yellow, in front of the dark green grass.



I took this final image early in the morning before I left to school, it was a cup of coffee that I had. I decided that it looked too dull, so I had a little fun in photoshop with it.

Comments